Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

Get AQuA API responses real time

We are moving our code from SOAP to REST. One of the best features in SOAP was that I could make a ZOQL query for the fields I need for my UI (Visualforce pages in Salesforce). 

However when I use AQuA and submit a query (REST HTTP POST) for say Account object, for a single crmId, I don't instantly get the response. The response I get shows the record count as '0'. Later if I submit a get with the batchId thats when the record count is 1 and I get the query results.

Is it possible to submit a query in AQuA and receive the response realtime. my requirements are very simple like 'select AccountNumber, Status from Account where crmId='001xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx''

4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Get AQuA API responses real time

Hi rajpc,

Instead of using the AQuA API, you could use the Query action. This API operation enables you to run a ZOQL query and directly get the results (as JSON) in the response body. It's intended to be used in exactly the situation you described: to fetch a small number of results to power a UI.

Here's how to use it:

Request 

POST /v1/action/query

{
  "queryString": "select AccountNumber, Status from Account where CrmID='0017F000008Xl1LQAS'"
}

Response 

{
  "records": [
    {
      "AccountNumber": "A00000095",
      "Status": "Active",
      "Id": "2c92c0f85e5019d7015e5123b6717b9d"
    }
  ],
  "size": 1,
  "done": true
}

Would that work for you?

Savvy Scholar

Hi David,

I am able to make the REST Query but I am not able to authenticate via OAuth2 to get to this step.

I had to create a HTTPRequest and set the header for Api-key and Api-profileId.

Can you let me if I can authenticate via OAuth2 instead and perform the REST Query

Zuora Support Moderator

I'm able to use OAuth to authenticate and call /v1/action/query.

Have you successfully used OAuth with any other REST operation?

The Zuora OAuth flow is documented here:

https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#section/Authentication/OAuth-v2.0

Could you paste in your request headers and any error response you're receiving from Zuora? Thanks!

Zuora Staff

Hi @rajpc,

AQuA is gear towards more of a data replication type of use cases. For example, pulling data once a week or once a month into a data warehouse for other reporting purposes. So if you'ure after more of a 'real-time' type of calls, I would recommend our REST API offerings (here).

Thanks!

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √