Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME
Support SME

Error: "SubscriptionData.SubscriptionRatePlanData[0].ProductRatePlanId is invalid"

Question or Problem Statement:
Why do I see the error "SubscriptionData.SubscriptionRatePlanData[0].ProductRatePlanId is invalid" when sending a quote to Z-Billing?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

3 REPLIES 3
Support SME
Support SME

Re: Error: "SubscriptionData.SubscriptionRatePlanData[0].ProductRatePlanId is invalid"

Solution:
You can try to reproduce this error with a new testing quote. Actually, this error "SubscriptionData.SubscriptionRatePlanData[0].ProductRatePlanId is invalid.;" is from Zuora Subscribe() call. If the ProductRatePlanId in Zuora tenant product catalog is invalid, while sending a new quote to Zuora(Subscribe() call), it will return this error.

Screenshot - Z-Quote Error Message.JPG

For example, there are 2 CMI (APAC) products below in the products list while selecting products.
CMI (APAC) SKU-00000399
CMI (APAC) SKU-00000061

The difference is:
CMI (APAC) SKU-00000399 exists in Zuora
https://apisandbox.zuora.com/apps/Product.do?method=view&id=2c92c0f949f126b8014a0a7b58357e24

CMI (APAC) SKU-00000061 does not exist in Zuora.

When I select CMI (APAC) SKU-00000061, the error returns.

product.png

So, you can login to Zuora, then refer to the product catalog to verify if there is a missing product/rate plan/rate plan charge in your SFDC. If they seem to be matched, then you would need to verify/compare them with the Zuora IDs one by one. We need to find the missing parts. If we can find it, there are 2 options:
a) Sync the missing part to SFDC and rerun a Product Catalog Sync.
Or
b) Reselect the correct product/rate plan/rate plan charge, by removing the existing product with the issue from the quote and then re-add it.

Supporting References:
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/E_SOAP_API_Calls/subscribe_call

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Re: Error: "SubscriptionData.SubscriptionRatePlanData[0].ProductRatePlanId is invalid"

Hi Leo,

I tried the two solutions and neither of them worked. We only have one SKU in Salesforce and the sync has been completed. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Zuora Support

@hbruzus
Sorry about the delayed response on your question. Please let me know if you have already found a solution for this issue or else I can help you further with this?

Error  SubscriptionData.SubscriptionRatePlanData[0].ProductRatePlanId is invalid.; usually occurs if the ProductRatePlanId in Zuora tenant product catalog is invalid.
Have you created a ticket with Zuora Support on this so that we can investigate your tenant and figure out what the issue is?