Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

CreatePayment in Payments API Requires GatewayId

Hello,

The documentation for CreatePayment method in the PaymentsAPI (https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#operation/POST_CreatePayment) says that the GatewayId property in the request is optional, and if it is not specified, "the default gateway on the Account will be used." However, when I try to create a payment using this endpoint, I get an error saying that the GatewayId is required. Code: 53810000, Message: gatewayId must be specified in order to create an electronic payment.

A GatewayId isn't required for the SOAP API. Why is it required here? This will result in me having to query the account for their default gateway before being able to create a payment.

4 REPLIES 4
Zuora Staff

Re: CreatePayment in Payments API Requires GatewayId

Hi @kconnor it is required via REST as this call is tied to the Advanced AR settlement feature which is in Limited Availability (as per the note in https://www.zuora.com/developer/api-reference/#operation/POST_CreatePayment). 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Support SME

Hello @kconnor can you also confirm if your account that you're trying to charge has a default electronic payment method set up? Thanks!

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Valued Scholar

Ah yes, this is a different API than the SOAP Payment Create call, so it makes sense this would behave differently. However, the documentation still states that gatewayId isn't required. And our tenant does have Advanced AR Settlement enabled.

Valued Scholar

The account's payment gateway is set to "Use Default Gateway".