Happy Business Starts Here

Can I amend two different subscriptions with one API call?

I'm trying to amend multiple subscriptions in batch using the fewest API calls possible.  I've been able to use the Amend action call as long as the amendments are all for the same subscription.  But the moment I tried to use it to amend different subscriptions in the same call, I got the error "all amendments should apply to the same subscription".

I noticed that there were two arrays in the request: one for "Requests", and one for "Amendments" which is inside the first array.  I was initially placing all the amendments in the inner array.  I tried making each separate subscription amendment in the outer array, but then the error changes to "Multi AmendRequest is not supported."

Is there a way to amend different subscriptions in the same call?  It seems strange that I wouldn't be able to through the Amend action when each entry in the Amendment array has a Subscription ID field (which would imply that each entry could be for a different subscription).

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Documentation

Re: Can I amend two different subscriptions with one API call?

Hi swi-slyons,

Unless you have the Orders feature enabled in your tenant, there's no way to amend two different subscriptions in a single REST API call.

I agree that the structure of the Amend action suggests that it might be possible, but what you found is correct: the outer array (requests) can only have a single entry, and each amendment in the inner array (Amendments) must have the same subscription ID.

We'll update the docs for the Amend action to make these limitations clearer - apologies for the trouble.

David