Happy Business Starts Here

Savvy Scholar

Are API calls down?

My application just timed out trying to update 50 records at  https://www.zuora.com/apps/services/a/74.0 .  Is there an issue with the services?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Are API calls down?

Hi @mhbickford

No known services issues at this time.  In some cases, depending on call complexity and the updates involved in your API - the call execution can extend beyond our standard 2 minute timeout for transactional APIs - if you want to dig deeper into this, I would suggest that you open a Support Case

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Support SME

Hello @mhbickford, we have not received any alerts or any similar reports from our customers. I've also done some tests against the Production endpoint you've provided and I got great response times.

Could you elaborate what object are you trying to update? Please make sure you don't provide any sensitive information in your response (e.g. the session token ID for the call) as this is from your Production tenant!

Zuora Support Moderator

Another questions comes to mind - what's your timeout() setting for our API?

Savvy Scholar

It was a packet of 50 subscriptions being updated.  I did some spot-checking and it appears that all the updates went through on your end, so it was just the response timing out which I hadn't encountered before with you.  We restarted and managed to complete the job successfully so I would say the issue can be considered closed.  Thanks all for your fast feedback!

Zuora Support Moderator

Glad to hear it worked.  As a FYI, Zuora's own transactional (synchronous) API timeout setting is 120 seconds.  You may wish to consider raising your timeout if it's set lower than this threashold.  

Best Regards!

Scott