Happy Business Starts Here

New Student

Amend() call

I have tried amend operation on SOAPUI but I am unable to run. Can you provide me correct input?

7 REPLIES 7
Support SME

Re: Amend() call

Hi @shashi,

Please provide more details so I can troubleshoot your call.

What are you trying to amend?

What's the error message you receive?

What's the amend() call you're trying to execute? (be sure to remove the Session ID from your example for security reasons)

Have you tried the examples presented on our Knowledge Center pages, e.g. https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/Amendment/Add_... ?

Thanks!

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

New Student

Hi,

I just want to run amend operation in SOAPUI, for that i need valid input values.

Support SME

@shashi I am afraid this is not enough information to provide you more assistance, not sure what input values do you need. Are you referring to the different IDs? Those needs to be queried using query() calls.

There are a number of different amend() operations described on our Knowledge Center, please review the Walkthroughs and use cases section:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/Amendment

Honor Student

Hi there, 

We are also struggling with this.  There are no code samples we have found that show the appropriate fields to set in the amend() soap call.  there are a lot of fields, so can you provide a sample of the following amendments and which fields get set for each of them please?  THanks,

Scenario 1:  I have a subscription expring in a year.  I want to do a terms and conditions amendment to extend the end date by 2 months to give the customer free time.

Scenario 2: I have a subscription at service level A.  I want to do an Amend call to change the customer to service level B.

Scenario 3: I have a customer whom i want to cancel.  What do i pass into the amend call to do this?

Scenario 4: I have a customer expiring soon who wants to renew early.  What fields do i set on the Amend call to do a Renewal amendment?

Thanks in advance,

Daryl White

Support SME

Hi @Whitejedi , allow me some time to look into this and I'll post some amend() templates you can use for these purposes.

Support SME

@Whitejedi Please review the examples from our Knowledge Center:

Scenario 1: I have a subscription expring in a year. I want to do a terms and conditions amendment to extend the end date by 2 months to give the customer free time.

Change Terms & Conditions

To provide you a more specific example to your use case, please review how I increased my current term from 3 months to 5 months:

<ns1:amend>        
  <ns1:requests>           
    <ns1:Amendments>
<!-- Set the dates and metadata for your amendments -->              
      <ns2:ContractEffectiveDate>2016-07-20</ns2:ContractEffectiveDate>
      <ns2:CustomerAcceptanceDate>2016-07-20</ns2:CustomerAcceptanceDate>
      <ns2:Description>changing terms and conditions</ns2:Description> 
      <ns2:EffectiveDate>2016-07-20</ns2:EffectiveDate>
<!-- Change initial and renewal terms if desired -->              
      <ns2:CurrentTerm>5</ns2:CurrentTerm> 
      <ns2:CurrentTermPeriodType>Month</ns2:CurrentTermPeriodType>            
      <ns2:Name>changing terms and conditions</ns2:Name>              
      <ns2:ServiceActivationDate>2016-07-20</ns2:ServiceActivationDate>
      <ns2:Status>Completed</ns2:Status>              
      <ns2:SubscriptionId>2c92c08655a0b32c0155a6a04e275be3</ns2:SubscriptionId>
      <ns2:Type>TermsAndConditions</ns2:Type>           
    </ns1:Amendments>                  
  </ns1:requests>     
</ns1:amend>

Scenario 2: I have a subscription at service level A. I want to do an Amend call to change the customer to service level B.

In this scenario, you will need to remove Product A from the subscription, and add Product B to the subscription, effective on the same date Product A was removed.

Remove a Product Amendment

Add a Product Amendment

Scenario 3: I have a customer whom i want to cancel. What do i pass into the amend call to do this?

It's important to remember that EffectiveDate affects your billing. Meaning, if you want to cancel a customer at the end of the last paid period, without providing any prorated cancellation credits, you'll need to set your EffectiveDate to one day after the last invoiced day. E.g. the latest invoice of your customer is for the Service Period: 07/20/2016 - 08/19/2016, then you'll need to set your EffectiveDate to 08/20/2016.

Setting it to e.g. 08/01/2016 would mean the customer would receive prorated credit for the period: 08/01/2016 - 08/20/2016.

Scenario 4: I have a customer expiring soon who wants to renew early. What fields do i set on the Amend call to do a Renewal amendment?

Renew a Subscription

The simplest example would be:

<ns1:amend>  
  <ns1:requests>     
    <ns1:Amendments>        
      <ns2:ContractEffectiveDate>2016-07-20</ns2:ContractEffectiveDate>        
      <ns2:CustomerAcceptanceDate>2016-07-20</ns2:CustomerAcceptanceDate>        
      <ns2:EffectiveDate>2016-07-20</ns2:EffectiveDate>        
      <ns2:Name>testing renewal - name</ns2:Name>        
      <ns2:ServiceActivationDate>2016-07-20</ns2:ServiceActivationDate>        
      <ns2:Status>Completed</ns2:Status>        
      <ns2:SubscriptionId>2c92c08655a0b32c0155a6a04e275be3</ns2:SubscriptionId>        
      <ns2:Type>Renewal</ns2:Type>     
   </ns1:Amendments>      
  </ns1:requests>
</ns1:amend>