Happy Business Starts Here

Amend() SOAP call does not appear to have a created an invoice

Highlighted
Student

Amend() SOAP call does not appear to have a created an invoice

Hi we had a situation yesterday where a number of amend() SOAP calls were made. These amendments were for zero dollars. Normally this creates an amendment and returns an invoiceID.

However, we have different 3 accounts where the amendment worked but no invoice was created. Is this normal behavior? The SOAP response had a status of success but the InvoiceID was not set. I can provide A subscription where this occurred.

BuildAmedOptions were set to generateInvoice = true

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/G_SOAP_API/E_SOAP_API_Calls/amend_call

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Amend() SOAP call does not appear to have a created an invoice

Hi bkutsch, 

In order to troubleshoot, it is suggested to share the soap call request. As the document stated, GenerateInvoice determines whether to generate an invoice to immediately bill the customer for a new product or changes of Terms And Conditions. Also, if EnablePreviewMode=true is specified in the PreviewOptions container, then preview mode will be enabled and an invoice will not be generated, regardless of whether GenerateInvoice is specified as true or false. 

Regards, 

Yong

Regards,
Yong Xiang | yxiang@zuora.com
Application Support Engineer | Zuora Inc.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Community Manager

Re: Amend() SOAP call does not appear to have a created an invoice

Thanks @yongxiang!  

@bkutsch - let me move this post to our API forum where others who might've experienced the same, may also be able to chime in.

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson