Happy Business Starts Here

Amend() Call Against Expired Subscription

joel_buaron
Zuora Alumni

Amend() Call Against Expired Subscription

Question Statement:  Does it make sense that I would be able to make 2 distinct amend() calls via the SOAP api to do an AddProduct amendment against the same version of a Subscription?

I was expecting the second amend() call to fail because I specific the same SubscriptionId that I specified in the first amend() call that responded with success. The original version of the subscription becomes Expired after my first amend() call.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joel_buaron
Zuora Alumni

Re: AMEND() CALL AGAINST EXPIRED SUBSCRIPTION

Solution: in web UI, the amendment can be only created against Active Subscription. Which means, if the subscription currently contain 2 versions (Expired | Active), the option to apply Amendment is only available on the version that is on Active status. 

Via API on the other hand,  in the amend() call if the given subscriptionId is for expired version, system will find the latest version of this subscription, then do amendment on latest version of the subscription. Our logic automatically adjust and find the Active status of the subscription and apply the amend() call into it.

Supporting Reference(s):

Amendment reference

Amendment.SubscriptionId

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
joel_buaron
Zuora Alumni

Re: AMEND() CALL AGAINST EXPIRED SUBSCRIPTION

Solution: in web UI, the amendment can be only created against Active Subscription. Which means, if the subscription currently contain 2 versions (Expired | Active), the option to apply Amendment is only available on the version that is on Active status. 

Via API on the other hand,  in the amend() call if the given subscriptionId is for expired version, system will find the latest version of this subscription, then do amendment on latest version of the subscription. Our logic automatically adjust and find the Active status of the subscription and apply the amend() call into it.

Supporting Reference(s):

Amendment reference

Amendment.SubscriptionId

View solution in original post