Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support Moderator

API optomization series: query / request duplication

API query duplication can be a factor in API performance and/or concurrency rejection

Query duplication is a stuation where a given API integration repeatedly requests for the same objects (same fields, etc) over and over within a very narrow timeframe, often seconds or miliseconds apart and is often a common source of concurrency rejection scenarios

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: API optomization series: query / request duplication

Solution:

This can happen when an integrations cache (memory) logic is set too low  - meaning it fails to retain objects in memory or not at all after the initial request.  One common place I see this is within a customer portal when a mouseover action generates an API query() to Zuora.  In a worst case scenario, one or more customers trigger this mouseover which spams Zuora query to the tune of many requests per second, which in turn triggers concurrency rejections as all available tenant processing threads are consumed.

The solution is to activey review your integration to ensure proper cache logic is employed where apporpirate.  Ideally, you own logging should reveal this kind of exposure, and if there's ever any question you can reach out to support to evaluate your integration for request duplication.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √