Happy Business Starts Here

Valued Scholar

ACH PaymentMethod Support for REST

Is there support coming for ACH paymentmethods in the REST service for creating an Account? Currently if you try to use an ACH payment method in the "hpmCreditCardPaymentMethodId" field it fails and returns a messge "achBankABACode is not CreditCard field". Is there a workaround for this besides using SOAP?

7 REPLIES 7
Valued Scholar

Re: ACH PaymentMethod Support for REST

In need of the same functionality.....new customer account using default payment method of ACH direct debit.

Highlighted
Guru

My company is running nto this too

Valued Scholar

The work-around is to create an Account with the hpmCreditCardPaymentMethodId set to the default check PaymentMethod, then do another update to set the Account DefaultPaymentMethodId to the valid ACH PaymentMethod Id (presumably from you HOP page response).

To get the default check PaymentMethod, set the appropriate headers, and POST to https://{ zuoraApiEnvironment }/v1/action/query

{
  "queryString" : "SELECT Id, Type, Name  FROM PaymentMethod WHERE Name = 'check'"
}

Let me know how that works for you .

Tutor

I tried that, then I get the following error:

{
    "success": false,
    "processId": "7A2141589F09D440",
    "reasons": [
        {
            "code": 51000020,
            "message": "Because this customer account is designated as Auto-Pay, you must specify an Electronic Payment Method as the default."
        }
    ]
}

Valued Scholar

You should be able to save it with the AutoPay = false. Then, in the update statement where you are setting the Account DefaultPaymentMethodId, set AutoPay = true.

Does that work?

Tutor

Yes I got it to work!    I was incorrectly setting Autopay, when the property was actually autoPay

Thanks for your help!

Valued Scholar

Cool. In that case could you accept my solution. Have a good one!