Release Notifications

View Only
  • 1.  Upcoming Change for AQuA and Data Source Export: January 2021

ZUORA
    Posted 01-05-2021 06:23

As part of our upcoming January 2021 release of Zuora Billing, in order to improve the overall performance and stability, two new limits on the operations of AQuA / Data Source Export will be introduced in Zuora Billing tenants. 

The new limits are as follows:

Limit

Before R290

R290 and later

Maximum Processing Time Per Query

8 Hours

3 Hours

Maximum Number of Concurrent Jobs

Unlimited

For more information about these limits, please read this FAQ below.

FAQ for Aqua & Data Source Export Limits

What is the change we are making?

As part of the January 2021 release, the two limits below will be introduced to all Zuora tenants for the operation AQuA and Data Source Export.

Limit

Before R290

R290 and later

Maximum Processing Time Per Each Query

8 Hours

3 Hours

Maximum Number of Concurrent Jobs

Unlimited

Why are we making this change?

To improve the overall performance and stability for the Zuora system.

When will the change take effect?

The change will take effect in the Billing January 2021 release which is planned within the time frame from Jan 19th to Jan 21st.

When could I be at risk of hitting a limit?

When you use AQuA API, Data Source Export API (SOAP Export, CRUD: Create Export), your integration could be at risk of hitting the limits.

Will Zuora notify me if I hit a limit?

When the limit of Maximum Processing Time Per Each Query is exceeded, the result payload of AQuA jobs shows status as aborted, errorCode as 90027, message as The query exceeded maximum processing time.; the result of Data Source Export jobs shows status as Failed,  and statusReason as The query exceeded maximum processing time. Refer to the API of Get Job Result and Get Export Result.

When the limit of Maximum Number of Concurrent Jobs is exceeded, the request of creating new AQuA/ZOQL queries is rejected with the error code 90028 and the message The total number of concurrent jobs has exceeded the limit allowed by the system.. Refer to the API of Submit AQuA queries, and Create Export.

What action do I need to take if I hit a limit?

We recommend to optimize your integration through these steps:.

• When the limit of Maximum Processing Time Per Each Query is hit, optimize the query. Refer to the best practice when querying data from Zuora.
    • When the limit of Maximum Number of Concurrent Jobs is hit, add retry logic during submitting AquA queries or creating Export. For example, re-submit the request after waiting for 30 seconds, 1 minute, or several minutes, and so on.

Who should I contact if I have more questions? 

If you have more questions, contact Zuora Global Support.

#Announcement

• 2.  Upcoming Change for AQuA and Data Source Export: January 2021

ZUORA
    Posted 01-05-2021 15:38

Hi Zuora team

A few questions - 

1. Is the concurrent limit 50 each for AquA and Export or total 50?

2. How can we find out if at any point in the last 3 months we have ever gone over this concurrent 50 limit? Is there a way to check how many concurrent jobs are running at any given time?

This announcement should have been made 4-5 months in advance of the change being planned for release, so, we can take these to our dev teams and make changes if necessary. How is the 10 day lead time acceptable?

Regards

Abhishek

• 3.  Upcoming Change for AQuA and Data Source Export: January 2021

ZUORA
    Posted 01-06-2021 06:42

Abhishek,
    Thanks for your comments. Please see the answer below:
    1. Its 50 for each including 3 types of Operations/API.
    AQuA Stateless Mode: 50
    AQuA Stateful Mode: 50
    Data Source Export: 50

2. There is no external tool that is available to verify if the tenants exceed the limits. Well inform the customers whose tenants recently exceeded one or more of these limits, before the release. In order to ensure our customers existing processes and operations can proceed without interruption, we will exempt those tenants from these limits. If you have further question, please contact Zuora Global Support. Thanks!