Community News

View Only
  • 1.  [Virtual Event] Community Product Table Talk: Central Sandbox Best Practices

ZUORA
    Posted 04-04-2022 06:20
    Edited by Lana Lee 04-28-2022 16:41

* [WATCH] Videos and Presentation are available here  

In this Product Table Talk, we will discuss common environment strategies and best practices with Central Sandbox. In addition, we will showcase our new Deployment Manager and how it can streamline your entire development lifecycle

Product Table Talks are fantastic opportunities to learn more about Zuora products from the teams who are currently working on them. Not only can you see our features in action, but you can also provide feedback and get a glimpse of the product roadmap. Save your spot today!

CENTRAL SANDBOX BEST PRACTICES

April 27, 2022, 8am PT / 4pm BST - Register

April 27, 2022, 4pm PT / April 28, 2022, 11am AEST - Register

Speakers
    Aparna Unnithan, Director of Product Management, Billing
    Prachi Bhatia, Senior Product Manager
    Cor Slegers, Sales Engineering Manager
    Kenta Tomura, Product Manager, Order Management

------------------------------
    Lana Lee
    Zuora Community Senior Community Manager and Strategist

• 2.  RE: [Virtual Event] Community Product Table Talk: Central Sandbox Best Practices

Posted 04-14-2022 14:37
    I am very interested in this topic but cannot attend. Will there be a recording? Not nearly as good as an interactive discussion, but still better than nothing.
    A few questions that might be good to address:
    When is the best time to kick off the Central Sandbox refresh in order to keep it aligned with your other integrated business system's sandboxes?
    What things work differently in the sandbox? We use invoice preview on subscriptions there a lot to test how adding new rate plans to existing subs or amending subs in other ways will impact billing. Can we rely on invoice preview for that? We have seen some differences in the past. I just cannot remember them well enough to document them here.
     Since customer data is obfuscated during a refresh, our sandbox bill runs can fail because tax cannot be calculated (we use Avalara). Any suggestions for how to avoid or work around that problem? We sometimes do parallel testing between production and the Central Sandbox to evaluate the impact of a code change in one of our business systems (sometimes Zuora, sometimes not).
    That's all that comes to mind right now for me, but I would curious to know what others have encountered.

Ann Suthard

• 3.  RE: [Virtual Event] Community Product Table Talk: Central Sandbox Best Practices

ZUORA
    Posted 04-14-2022 14:41
    Hi @Ann Suthard,

Sorry to hear that you'll have to miss it, but yes...it'll be recorded! I'll follow up here with the link to the Community post that'll have the videos and presentation.

Those are great questions. @Cor Slegers, @Kenta Tomura?  Also, if anyone else has input, feel free to share it here in this thread.

​​​

Lana Lee

• 4.  RE: [Virtual Event] Community Product Table Talk: Central Sandbox Best Practices

ZUORA
    Posted 04-28-2022 16:43
    The videos and presentation for the Central Sandbox Best Practices Community Table Talk are now available here.  

Lana Lee

• 5.  RE: [Virtual Event] Community Product Table Talk: Central Sandbox Best Practices

Posted 05-02-2022 08:36
    Thanks Lana for sending this link.

Rob