Community News

View Only
  • 1.  Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo introduces his new book Subscribed

ZUORA
    Posted 05-18-2018 08:33

A Message from Zuora CEO, Tien Tzuo

Subscribed Tien Tzuo

Were at a pivotal moment in business history, one not seen since the Industrial Revolution. The pure product economy is nearing the end of a 120-year-run and the world is shifting towards services. This is a business model transformation that is impacting every department across organizations and across all industries. If youre not shifting to a subscription business model now, chances are that in a few years you might not have any business left to shift.

As Founder and CEO of Zuora, the worlds leading subscription management platform, Ive been evangelizing about this shift to the Subscription Economy for over ten years, to anyone who will listen to me: from articles like Dont Buy, Subscribe: Are Subscriptions the Future of the Economy? to events like our annual Subscribed conference where, at our first user conference, I shared my views on the future of business and the death of ERP in interviews like Why the Subscription Economy Is the Future of Business with CIO.com and Transforming the Subscription Economy with Mad Money.

I cant tell you how often, at the end of one my presentations, someone asks me for fundamentals on how to transition a traditionally product-based company to a subscription-based revenue model. After all, competitors can steal your product features, but they cant steal the insights you gain from an active, loyal subscriber base. As it turns out, theres a strange absence of decent resources on this topic. Theres a lot of material on consumer membership programs and subscription boxes, and vast amounts of inside baseball stuff on SaaS metrics, but very little for an enterprise business reader looking for a basic playbook on making the shift to recurring revenue.

So I decided it was time to distill the most striking subscription case studies and most innovative thinking on the rise of the Subscription Economy and the end of ownership. And this year, all my thinking on this topic was realized in the form of my first book Subscribed: Why the Subscription Model Will Be Your Companys Futureand What to Do About It.

Subscribed doesnt go on sale until June 5, but its already available for pre-order.

Heres a glimpse of whats inside:

Part I of Subscribed takes a deep dive into industries in transition:
    Chapter 1: End of an Era
    Chapter 2: Flipping the Retail Script
    Chapter 3: The New Golden Age of Media
    Chapter 4: Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
    Chapter 5: Companies Formerly Known as Newspapers
    Chapter 6: Swallowing the Fish: Lessons from the Rebirth of Tech
    Chapter 7: IoT and the Fall and Rise of Manufacturing
    Chapter 8: The End of Ownership

Then, in Part II, I share a blueprint for turning a great product into a great service:
    Chapter 9: That WTF Moment
    Chapter 10: Innovation: Staying in Beta Forever
    Chapter 11: Marketing: Rethinking the 4 Ps
    Chapter 12: Sales: The Eight New Growth Strategies
    Chapter 13: Finance: The New Business Model Architects
    Chapter 14: IT: Subscribers, Not SKUs
    Chapter 15: Building a Subscription Culture with the PADRE Operating Model

If you want to learn more about the future of business (and how to prepare for it) and check out some sweet pre-order incentives, please visit my author page.

I may be biased, but I honestly think this book will change the way you think: about what it means to be a consumer, about ownership, and, ultimately, about business.

Order your copy now!

Special Promotions

• All Subscribed attendees will receive a FREE copy of the book.
    • Want to place a bulk order and earn some sweet incentives -- like order 10+ books and you'll get a cool Subscribed mug? Check out our author page for more details.

Interested in a Subscribed Book Club?

Comment below to share why you might be interested in an online book club in the Community where we can discuss the book, ask questions and engage with Zuora heavy hitters (maybe even Tien himself!)?  We'll be giving away 1 copy of the book to 3 randomly selected commenters. Comments will remain open until June 5, 2018 when Subscribed goes on sale

• 2.  Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo introduces his new book Subscribed

ZUORA
    Posted 06-04-2018 16:36

Looking forward to reading this book! I've heard so many good things about it 

• 3.  Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo introduces his new book Subscribed

ZUORA
    Posted 06-04-2018 19:09

@bunnynbear If it turns out that you're not able to attend the actual event, it is also being streamed. You can stream tomorrow's keynote LIVE beginning at 9AM PDT! Register HERE

• 4.  Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo introduces his new book Subscribed

ZUORA
    Posted 06-11-2018 16:50

Hi @bunnynbear!  

Were you able to make it to Subscribed??

Lana

• 5.  Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo introduces his new book Subscribed

ZUORA
    Posted 06-11-2018 17:26

hi @Lana, yes! I made it to Subscribed! amazing event. I joined the keynotes and checked out the Expo. It was really inspiring and informational. I also got a copy of Tien's new book, getting ready to read it.  

Thank you so much for being so responsive and supportive! Really appreciate it!

• 6.  Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo introduces his new book Subscribed

ZUORA
    Posted 06-11-2018 17:33

Awesome...glad to hear that you attended @bunnynbear!  Let us know what you think of the book and if you think of it and if you have any questions about it.  We'd like to see if readers would be interested in a book club where Zuora, and maybe Tien himself (!) could discuss things more in-depth.